List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    RE: using tomcat maven plugin
From:       "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale () unisys ! com>
Date:       2010-03-30 17:39:03

> From: fachhoch [mailto:fachhoch@gmail.com]
> Subject: RE: using tomcat maven plugin
>
> Sorry for not answering in that thread.
> Here are the plugin details
>
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/tomcat-maven-plugin/deployment.html

In a brief review of the doc for that plugin, I saw nothing to indicate that it would \
generate the <Context> element or any necessary included elements (such as \
<Resource>); creation of those would seem to be your responsibility, or that of any \
IDE you might be using.  Since the plugin is not part of Tomcat, you'll need to get \
help from whatever support group might exist for the plugin.

To tell the truth, I can't quite see the point of the plugin, other than satisfying \
those who think everything has to be mavenized.  ("If your only tool is a hammer...")

 - Chuck

THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY MATERIAL and \
is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you received this in error, please \
contact the sender and delete the e-mail and its attachments from all computers.