List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: mod_auth_kerb / mod_spnego on Windows
From:       Maciej Matecki <mmatecki () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-06-28 18:47:57

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 4:12 PM, André Warnier<aw@ice-sa.com> wrote:
> Maciej Matecki wrote:

>>> Hi.
>>> Just a question : is there any mechanism that allows you to do that from
>>> Tomcat ?
>>> Because if there is, then I can provide you with a "trick" to use this
>>> for
>>> Apache also.  I such a trick myself, unfortunately not with Kerberos but
>>> with NTLM.
>>
>> Hi,
>> Yes. I just need to find in headers the name of user authorized with
>> Kerberos (I use the preauth filter in Spring Security). So if you've
>> got any good method to achieve that I'll be very thankful.
>> Regards,
>>
> Allright, here is the trick. Depending on your circumstances, this may or
> may not be difficult.
> I developed this method for a practical reason, probably the same as you
> have found out : there are some forms of authentication that are easier to
> do under Apache on some platforms, others that are easier to do under Tomcat
> on some platforms.  This allows me to choose.
> [cut]

Hmmm it looks quite interesting but in my case I don't see the chance
to write module for Kerberos on my own. There are already such modules
(mod_auth_kerb - http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/ and mod_spnego -
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82781&package_id=93313).
Unfortunately there's no compiled version and I have the big problem
to compile it. So I ask again maybe somebody have that modules
compiled for Windows?

Thank you for your trick, I hope it'll be helpful for somebody else.

Regards,

--
Maciej Matecki
skype: m.matecki || www: http://matecki.info/