List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    RE: ssl - JioEndpoint, JSSESocketFactory & Truststore
From:       "Michael Rooz" <michaelrooz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-12-31 12:43:05

I ned a way of refreshing the Tomcat trust store without restarting Tomcat.

I've tried another approach:

JioEndpoint initializes its ServerSocket from the JSSESocketFactory created
at startup.  From this point onwards the JSSESocketFactory (containining the
trust store) is never re-initialized.  Would it be safe, to reinitialize the
JSSESocketFactory from within the JIOEndpoint Acceptor run loop?  Currently
I do this by calling the destroy() method followed by the start() method.
This seems to work, but again I'm concerned about undesireable side
effects.  I'd appreciate any comment on this.
thanks,
Mike