List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: apache/modjk behaviour during shutdown
From:       Mladen Turk <mturk () apache ! org>
Date:       2008-09-30 13:56:32

Gerhardus.Geldenhuis@gta-travel.com wrote:

> Is "too much time" a configurable parameter and what constitutes a
> normal request. Our application can take anything from 250ms to 2seconds
> to return an reply. I am guessing that requests that takes 2 seconds
> will probably be orphaned when the apache_httpd server is shutdown
> because they take to longer.

Well since you didn't specify which httpd you are running on,
I presume it's some unix flavor and 2.2.x.
In that case you can use GracefulShutDownTimeout directive
to tune how much to wait for that.
For windows this is 30 seconds hard-coded value, so the
two second requests should be fine in your case.

Regards
--
^(TM)