List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Updating context
From:       Max Sevenfold <max.seven.max () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-03-30 9:51:03

Hello All,

Could you advise the ways to update Tomcat context automatically and
comments pluses and minuses.

Here are solutions I have guessed already:-

1. Upload via /manager/html/* (undeploy + upload)
(Does not seems to be a good solution in general for automated script)

2. Replace war file in webapp dir.
(Does not seem to work reliable if I uploaded war via /manager/html
first time)

3. Code my own manager leaning from existing source code of /manager/
context.
(May be too complicated)

I like solution 2. But it failed few times and I am not sure exactly why.

I wish to create tool to rename and upload war file from netbeans's
project dist folder to server.

Thanks,
Max