List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    RE: Tomcat keeps breaking/SSL keystore troubles
From:       "Andrew Friebel" <andrewf () reynolds ! com ! au>
Date:       2007-08-30 23:19:30

I am pretty confident you can use other tools other than keytool.  My belief
is that if you use things like openssl, then you may need to play with the
sslProtocol attribute in the server.xml file (maybe PKCS12).  There may be
something on a forum on using sslProtocol, or within the Tomcat doco itself.

Tomcat uses keytool to load the certificates (which you have probably
already figured out).

Older version of keytool support the use of PKCS12, but are unable to create
this format, while I believe that the latest version of keytool supports the
creation of other formats (ie:PKCS12).

I don't know if this is useful to you or not, but I hope it helps.

Regards,
Andrew