List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Why cannot I put JSVC into a shell script to run
From:       "Patrick Wang" <pwang () uclink ! berkeley ! edu>
Date:       2006-08-31 21:41:32

Hi,

I can only copy/paste the contents from startTomcat.sh to the console,
everything works fine. But when I run the command from
the console startTomcat.sh, it gave me no error, however the
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Platforms/Linux_Program
ming/Q_21972914.html##> tomcat doesnot get started, I make sure the execute
rights is assigned, etc.

One thing is that I make all these strings into one single line in the
startTomcat.sh, will this have any effect?

./bin/jsvc -jvm
<http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Platforms/Linux_Program
ming/Q_21972914.html##> server -Xdebug -Xnoagent
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,suspend=n,server=y
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=./common/endorsed -cp ./bin/bootstrap.jar -outfile
./logs/catalina.out -errfile ./logs/catalina.err
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

Do I need to setup the environment variable? However I can run the command from
the console without the environment setup either.

Pat