List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: FarmWarDeployer ROOT.war -> / - How to?
From:       Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <devlists () hanik ! com>
Date:       2006-03-31 21:40:56

Tim Lucia Wrote:

> and a more recent post from Peter Rossbach saying that it SHOULD be the
> appBase.
>
> [http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=tomcat-user&m=113828526109819&w=2]
>
>> On Thursday 26 Jan 2006 11:33, Peter Rossbach wrote:
>>
>>> Please, set the deployDir to your webapps dir.
>>> Peter

ha ha, :) Peter has a habit of changing underlying functionality to new
functionality, but provide no backwards compatibility. Earlier, the
FarmWarDeploy used to deploy remote .war files that were located in any
directory. (ie deployDir)
Peter has changed this functionlity, that you now must deploy into the
appBase dir, definitely a functionality I don't like and would have -1
if I had caught the change.

Filip