List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Solution: Using JRE 1.5.0_06 causes app to use Tomcat tmp dir?
From:       Bob_Savard () adovo ! com
Date:       2006-01-31 0:40:27

For anyone who's experiencing this, here's what's happening:

ContextConfig.java contains a method called "antiLocking" that tests to see
if your context  in server.xml has "antiResourceLocking=true".  If it does,
it creates a new directory calculated by 'deploymentCount++ + "-" + docBase
' in the temp directory.  That's why I was seeing subdirs in temp called
"0-ROOT" and "1-ROOT"...

It turns out I had set "antiResourceLocking=true" thinking it would help
performance when it was previously set to false.

If Tomcat wasn't an open source project, I wouldn't have figured this out
by examining the source code and probably would have never figured it out.
Don't you love OSS!?

-Bob