List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: With tomcat 5 redirects to a secure port fails
From:       Paul Singleton <paul () jbgb ! com>
Date:       2005-08-31 21:53:38

Julie Moore wrote:
> I have been looking al over for an explanation to what I am seeing. If I
> hit my site with https I get my secure page displayed if I hit it with
> http it is set up to redirect to https.

How is it set up?  I believe this can only be done with
a client-side redirect, but you do not show us the page
which does this.

(If someone visits your site using HTTP you cannot
respond using HTTPS: you have to persuade them to redo
the request using HTTPS)

> The problem is the redirect is
> trying to use the internal IP address in the URL
> (https://10.0.0.4/login.jsp) not the URL with the "www." defined.

OK but I can't see that it is Tomcat which is responsible
for this: the config details you supply look plausible but
are irrelevant.

Check your web.xml for the site's welcome page, then check
the content of this page.

Paul Singleton