List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Cannot connect to tomcat
From:       "Guido Meyer" <guido.meyer () robot ! de>
Date:       2005-08-31 8:06:38

Hi list,

I hope you can help me with this problem.

I have running a servlet in a context running on the tomcat 5.0.28. It all
works fine, but after three days of running i cannot connect to the tomcat
server.

The servlet is connected every 5 seconds 24 hours a day.
After the first connection to the servlet a thread is started which never
stops and is used to collect data. Every 5 seconds a few clients connect to
the servlet and request the collecetd data.

Can anyone help me. There is no java out of memory error. The tomcat logs
are ok. There is no unusual grow of threads or memory when i look at the
tomcat manager. But after three days i cannot connect to the tomcat server
anymore. I must restart the tomcat service.

Thank you and regards
Guido