List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Setting BASEDIR in Tomcat 5.0.28
From:       Anoop kumar V <anoopkumarv () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-06-30 1:08:21

I think the basedir is the path to your webapps folder (excluding the
"webapp")- u might want to keep it out of the tomcat installation
directories to improve portability or any other reason!!

Catalina_home is the path to the tomcat installation - In a default
tomcat installation these 2 will be the same...

HTH,
Anoop

On 6/29/05, Dakota Jack <dakota.jack@gmail.com> wrote:
> For some reason I cannot get the BASEDIR set right in Tomcat 5.0.28.
> Isn't it supposed to be set to $CATALINA_HOME ?  If not, what?  I am
> using OSX.  Thanks for any help.  I am used to working with Win$.
>
> --
> "You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it float on its back."
> ~Dakota Jack~

Thanks and best regards,
Anoop