List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: [OT] Advertising website
From:       "Didier McGillis" <codesmoker () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-31 13:54:22

If I remember correctly and somone who has been more involved with me more
then this can tell me right or wrong.  The key on that is you have to have
similar keywords and content.  FOr example a company I used to work for is
really into this, and they have had great results.  They have 18
micro-sites, or sites that are "keyword intensive, resouce/information
pages" that are seperate domains, they have links from their main site to
all of these micro sites, and all the microsites link back.  This also
allows for those microsites to appear in the search results and they have
javascript redirect that go to certain pages.  These 18 microsites server up
content specific to the spider/indexer that is coming in.