List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re[2]: 500 Custom Error
From:       Kenneth Brooks <kenbrooks () sevensoft ! net>
Date:       2003-07-31 23:23:35

We have a 2nd dev box that is 4.1.24 and QA will be 4.1.24 also.
So that's why i was checking on all of this stuff before production.
> )

Thanks for the reply.

Oh, btw. The 500 error page works under 4.1.24 just peachy.

-ken

Wednesday, July 30, 2003, 8:58:56 AM ---------\][/

SY> Howdy,

> > Are Custom Error pages available for 500 errors?

SY> 500's are tough, as they are internal server (i.e. not your webapp's)
SY> errors.  I don't recall the spec on this point, but at some point I
SY> thought error page customization only had to be available for 300 and
SY> 400 range HTTP status.

SY> As 500's can occur anywhere in the request processing pipeline, it's
SY> difficult to provide the custom error page hook for them.

> > This is under tomcat 4.0.4. (Although production will be under
> > 4.1.24)

SY> Not a good idea: there are significant differences between the 4.0.x and
SY> 4.1.x branch of tomcat, and you should at least test, if not develop, on
SY> 4.1.24 before deploying to it.

SY> Yoav Shapira

SY> This e-mail, including any attachments, is a confidential business communication, \
and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary and/or privileged.  \
This e-mail is intended only SY> for the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and \
may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by anyone else.  If you are not \
the(an) intended recipient, please immediately delete this SY> e-mail from your \