List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Can tomcat redirect to IIS?
From:       Prashanth Pushpagiri <prash_mail_lists () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 18:20:07

Hi

I am using IIS 5.0 on Windows 2000 Adv Server and
tomcat 4.1.12 for my servlet engine. When we configure
tomcat with other webservers, we have request filters
identifying which requests need to be handled by
tomcat right? I want to know if it is possible to do
the reverse. Say I have a request that comes to IIS
(say). I want to have IIS serving out the file
requested after tomcat checks for some credentials
(session stuff). That way I am using tomcat for its
designated purpose of serving dynamic content and that
of IIS of serving static content, the only difference
is tomcat still checks who should serve it. Is this
possible?

Thanks
VP