List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Cannot get Tomcat to do reloadable="true"
From:       Stan von Miller <stan () vonmiller ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 20:18:58

Actually I went through this just this weekend. I
discovered that IE's caching was part of the problem,
or at least it was for me. I was making very minute
changes, like a string printing to the screen.

When you reload the page, hold the shift key down. If
that doesn't work, try clearing your browser cache.
I've also noticed that occasionally with very minor
changes it doesn't reload. I'm convinced that the
issue relates more to browser caching than with
Tomcat.

Or, it might be sun spots.
Stan

---- Tomcat Users List <tomcat-
user@jakarta.apache.org>,agreene@romulin.com wrote:
> I have tried everything, but Tomcat (4.1.10) simply
will reload any class
> files that I change.  I have to stop and restart
Tomcat inorder for changes
> to be picked up.  I even copied a working config
from another computer that
> does work, and that still didn't fix it.  Does
anyone have any ideas what
> might be wrong??
>
> Here is the code I tried using:
>
>       <Host
className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost"
> appBase="creditunions" autoDeploy="true"

configClass="org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
"

contextClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext
" debug="0"
> deployXML="true"

errorReportValveClass="org.apache.catalina.valves.Erro
rReportValve"
> liveDeploy="true"
mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostMapp
er"
> name="adam" unpackWARs="false">
>         <Context
className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
> cachingAllowed="true"

charsetMapperClass="org.apache.catalina.util.CharsetMa
pper" cookies="true"
> crossContext="false" debug="0"
displayName="Tapestry Tutorial"
> docBase="victory/brooklyn"

mapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextM
apper"
> path="/brooklyn" privileged="false"
reloadable="true" swallowOutput="false"
> useNaming="true"
wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper
">

user-help@jakarta.apache.org>