List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Tomcat Install Help
From:       lior () flashnote ! net
Date:       2002-09-30 20:10:35

A couple of issues I'm having. One problem I'm having
is that I can get tomcat to process JSP and servlets
(once changing the web.xml file). However, I have a
project which I created a war file for, and tomcat
extracted without a problem, but I get errors that it
cannot resolve symbol className...which is a utility
class which is in the WEB-INF/classes folder as it
should be.

1.
So the beans aren't being found by Tomcat.

2.
I'm trying to have it work on WinNT Server with IIS 4
and I created a virtual directory on IIS for jakarta
(which has a green arrow pointing up). The registry
stuff is all typed correctly in and everything. Now I'm
trying to get files in JSP to work when I call them
from a URL and I get the actual source of the files on
the screen.

How do I move on from localhost to an actual URL that
Tomcat can see from the web? I've been on so many sites
and have been reading so much that I'm confused where I
started and where am I supposed to end. There are so
many sugarcoated sites that make the process so
childlike, but leave no place to ask questions when it
all goes wrong. How do I change the workers.properties
and the uriworkermap.properties files to work for what
I want? Can anyone give me an example file of the two?

Thanks in advance,

Lior Shliechkorn

Lior Shliechkorn