List:       tomcat-user
Subject:    Re: Connection between TOMCAT and DB2 ???
From:       Nishant_Awasthi () progressive ! com
Date:       2002-07-31 19:11:03

Thanks Richard for your help,

Yes, just now I managed to connect DB2 to Tomcat and using simple java file
able to retrieve the values from sample database.

But I have a question for you.
while defining my Connection URL I never specified a port number.
  String url = "jdbc:db2://100.3.13.34/sample";

If you see above I just gave IP address of my machine and not port number.
In past cases I have used port number given to me by the DBA.

I would like to know what is the importance of port number and which
service is running on this port.

Nishant Awasthi
Corporate Systems Development
Progressive Insurance

                    Ryszard Lach
                    <rla@id.pl>          To:     Tomcat Users List
                                         <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
                    07/31/2002           cc:     (bcc: Nishant Awasthi)
                    02:43 PM             Subject:     Re: Connection between TOMCAT and
                    Please               DB2 ???
                    respond to
                    "Tomcat Users
                    List"

On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 09:21:59AM -0400, Nishant_Awasthi@progressive.com
wrote:
> Hello everyone...
> thanks for showing interest in the list and to make it grow...
>
> I have a situation here.
> I am using tomcat 4.0.3 and jdk 1.3.1_04. I want to write a soap
> service which will bring the resultset from IBM DB2 database.

I'm sorry, I don't have a time to read the all thread. Did you manage to
connect to DB2 from tomcat ? If not - I did, so I think I could help
you.

Richard

--
** Internet Designers S.A., ul. Przedmiejska 6-10, 54-201 Wroc³aw **
 tel. (071) 35 00 445 w. 25; fax (071) 37 35 946; http://www.id.pl/

For additional commands, e-mail: <