List:       tomcat-dev
Subject:    [VOTE][RESULT] 8.0.x EOL - 30 June 2018
From:       Mark Thomas <markt () apache ! org>
Date:       2017-06-30 21:21:40

The following votes were cast:

Binding:

30 June 2018: mgrigorov, violetagg, fschumacher, remm, csutherl, huxing,
              schultz, rjung, markt

Non-binding:
-1: ebourg

The vote therefore passes. I'll send the formal announcement out shortly.

Regarding the one -1 vote, there appears to be a general consensus to do
what we can to help the Linux distros beyond the EOL date. The preferred
route is to fix anything that prevents them from moving from 8.0.x to
8.5.x. Where that isn't possible then we can try and help with
back-porting security fixes.

Mark