List:       tomcat-dev
Subject:    Re: Early Access build 136 for JDK 9 & JDK 9 with Project Jigsaw are available on java.net
From:       "Rory O'Donnell" <rory.odonnell () oracle ! com>
Date:       2016-11-30 9:49:51

Hi Mark,

The bug has been updated with the following suggestion, any comment ?

Rgds,Rory

"We could possibly add an API to explicitly set the default
independently per protocol. So, it would then be possible to disable it
for jar: URLs, but not other URL types. This would be a new API
obviously, and therefore only available from the release in which it is
introduced. "