List:       tomcat-dev
Subject:    request
From:       TMotte () s-s-t ! com
Date:       2002-05-01 23:33:08

Hi:

I apologize for crossposting, and I probably shouldn't be on here since I'm
not a committer or whatever it's called, but I posted a similar request to
the user list and they ignored it, so:

#1 The startup scripts for tomcat assume the existence of
  $CATALINA_HOME/temp
  $CATALINA_HOME/logs

These don't exist in the install directory, and so I spent several hours
figuring as much out, especially the temp part. So I think it would be
helpful to put these directories in the zip/gzip/etc downloads so that
future users don't have to deal with such.

#2 This is much simpler - I had to change the catalina.sh script because it
wasn't properly handling variable settings for Cygwin. I'd like for this
change to be made permanent so I don't have to do deal with it again when I
download a future release. Here's a diff:

99,102c99,104
<   JAVA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JAVA_HOME"`
<   CATALINA_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_HOME"`
<   CLASSPATH=`cygpath --path --windows "$CLASSPATH"`
<   JSSE_HOME=`cygpath --path --windows "$JSSE_HOME"`
---
>   JAVA_HOME=`      cygpath --path --windows "$JAVA_HOME"`
>   CATALINA_HOME=`  cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_HOME"`
>   CLASSPATH=`      cygpath --path --windows "$CLASSPATH"`
>   JSSE_HOME=`      cygpath --path --windows "$JSSE_HOME"`
>   CATALINA_BASE=`  cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_BASE"`
>   CATALINA_TMPDIR=`cygpath --path --windows "$CATALINA_TMPDIR"`

That's all.

Troy