List:       toasters
Subject:    Re: NetApp NDMP Veritas NetBackup SunStoredge L1000
From:       "Timothy A. McCarthy" <tmac () netapp ! com>
Date:       2001-05-31 11:13:56

You probably don't have your extrenal SCSI cables on
the library hooked up correctly.

It sounds as if the SCSI cable going from the robotics terminates.

It should be more like this:

Filer1-->Robotics-->Tape Drive1-->Terminate
Filer2-->Tape Drive2-->Terminate

As far as referenceing these, you would have:

Filer1--> mc0 & nrst0a
filer1:mc0 / filer1:nrst0a

Filer2--> nrst0a
filer2:nrst0a

As the each have one tape drive attached, they would both
be nrst0a. Now, if you are connecting via FCAL, then the
story changes....

--tmac

--
             ******All New Numbers!!!******

Timothy A. McCarthy  --> System Engineer, Eastern Region
       Network Appliance  http://www.netapp.com
240-268-2034 Office       \  /           Page Me at:
240-268-2001 Fax           \/            888-971-4468