List:       toasters
Subject:    Legato/NetApp/NDMP/restore woes
From:       <jlbreyfo () collins ! rockwell ! com>
Date:       2001-03-13 13:55:44

Toasters,

I'm new to the group and don't know about archives and such.  Please excuse
if this is an old question.

Is anybody backing up using Legato 6.0.1 patch 1 (approx. 300GB vols) and
ndmp.  I have sporadic problems backing up,  actually finishing the index -
backup works fine; and also have problems restoring files, i.e. I have to
relocate a selected file with a path like:
filername::/vol/user1/username/restored/.  Seems a bit hokey to me and I
get no good info from Legato.

I would love to discuss my problems and your solutions.

Thanks in advance

John Breyfogle
Unix Admin
Rockwell-Collins