List:       toasters
Subject:    RE: ssh <vserver> vol show <volume_full_name> hangs
From:       "John Stoffel" <john () stoffel ! org>
Date:       2017-10-27 16:02:10

>>>>> "John" == John Stoffel <john@stoffel.org> writes:

John> Well, just a quick update on my 'ssh <vserver> vol show <vol>'
John> hangs we've been seeing under 8.3.2P9, which is basically
John> nothing.  I've been asked if I could try a TO/GB to see if that
John> fixes anything.

Well, it looks like it's a bug in the Solaris Sparc 11.3 version of
SSH somewhere.  The command works properly from RHEL 6.6 x86_64
systems, and older Sun Sparc systems.

And it's even a problem with OpenSSH on Solaris 11.3 as
well... dammit.  I can't make it work reliably with

    root@lnd01:~# ssh -V
    OpenSSH_7.2p2, OpenSSL 1.0.2j  26 Sep 2016

This is after using the command:

   # pkg set-mediator -I openssh  -V openssh ssh

on the Solaris server to change the defaults to use a different version
of ssh...  So something on Solaris sucks.

John