List:       toasters
Subject:    R: CIFS and AV
From:       Milazzo Giacomo <G.Milazzo () sinergy ! it>
Date:       2017-04-26 9:46:03

For which I can remember from opinions by other customers Trend Micro and S=
ymantec solutions were the ones requiring, in a certain way, more external =
resources in term of scan engines. And Symantec over all quite expensive be=
cause is based on the number of users!

I've used several time the McAfee solution, cheaper for is based on number =
of FAS controllers and overall less expensive at all. No particular request=
 about scan engines, normal Windows file servers with a lot of RAM (minimum=
 suggested 64 GB) for caching purposes. I suggest to put two different scan=
 engines in balanced mode as from documentation and to avoid the av checkin=
g on writes. After all I expect that desktop are covered by some av protect=
ion, maybe the "simple" and free, but working fine, Windows Defender that c=
omes with os.

Regards