List:       toasters
Subject:    Re: Issues controller takeover/givebacks
From:       Michael Garrison <mcgarr () umich ! edu>
Date:       2014-07-29 14:53:58

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

We've experienced a few problems with takeover/giveback events - but not
for the reasons you mentioned. We've had issues due to data ontap bugs and
also due to controller load that resulted in either failed giveback or the
cluster to panic. Our track record for successful to/gb isn't stellar, so
we're always hesitant when it has to happen, even with all of the steps in
place to work around past issues.

--
Mike Garrison