List:       toasters
Subject:    Flash Pool experiences with VDI?
From:       Sami Kapanen <sami.kapanen () hamk ! fi>
Date:       2013-08-28 9:01:42

Hey all,

Who has experiences of using FlashPools for VDI storage?

We are currently running approx. 150 VDI machines, using VMware View5. (..numbers will grow)
Now we use EMC CX4 with FastCache and have managed with it.
We deploy new VDI machines in advance to avoid boot storms, mainly using non-persistent machines.

We are looking for new storage now and FAS3220 with FlashPools is one option.
If you have some examples of your FlashPool configs and amounts of VDI machines running?

So far we haven't used NetApp with VDI at all, just have one FAS2040 as CIFS filer for desktops,

Sk