List:       toasters
Subject:    Re: 7.3.4 10gb question
From:       Filip Sneppe <filip.sneppe () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-08-08 10:43:21

Hi,

Are you saying you configured the storage system's 10g interface to
work with an MTU of 9200 and the port on the switch to work with a
maximum frame size of 9194 bytes. That's obviously not going to work
as any 9200-bytes-sized packet sent from the storage system is going
to get discarded by the switch.

Set you mtusize to 9000 on the 10g port (ifconfig <interface> mtusize
9000) and leave the switch at 9194.

Also, note that you can test with ping to try out different packetsizes.

Best regards,
Filip