List:       toasters
Subject:    RPC error during ndmpcopy
From:       Jeff Cleverley <jeff.cleverley () avagotech ! com>
Date:       2013-08-08 0:54:53

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Greetings,

I'm getting the following error when I run a ndmpcopy from one filer to
another.  Both are 8.1.2P4.

Command:
 ndmpcopy -sa ndmpuser:QIxwKig5bnpwdAyB -d -l 0 source:/vol/old_sd28/Gold
/vol/restore_test/Gold

Error:
Ndmpcopy: source: Log: DATA: Backup terminated: backup configuration
failure (2) on RPC error: ERROR: BAD ENV OP (for /vol/old_sd28/Gold)

I've looked in the messages, ndmpd, ems, and other logs and can't find
anything useful.  I thought using the -d was turning on debugging so I'm
not sure what else to try.  I assume it is telling me there is a bad
environmental option but I don't know what it is.

Ultimately I'm trying to find the fastest way to get data from a secondary
filer that is a snapvault destination back to the primary filers.  We don't
currently have the SnapRestore licenses on these heads.

Thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Cleverley