List:       toasters
Subject:    RE: System Manager for 8.1
From:       "Kennedy, Jeffrey" <jkennedy () qualcomm ! com>
Date:       2011-12-12 18:59:18

<snip>
I like and value the "toasters" aspect of these boxes. A toaster is a nice
and easy to use appliance. Is netapp perhaps diverging from the
easy to use appliance model?

Perhaps because we're asking it to do so much more than just toast these days?  \
De-dupe, compression, namespace, huge aggregates, etc... These are not toasters \
anymore, haven't been for a while imo.

Jeff Kennedy
Qualcomm, Incorporated
QCT Engineering Compute