List:       toasters
Subject:    RE: Covert IBM N Series to NetApp Solution
From:       "Herring, Jason" <jherring () insightinvestments ! com>
Date:       2009-12-08 16:45:09

We were talking about this off-the-cuff and believe you'd have to push the NetApp \
flash firmware to the controller to make it NetApp DOT friendly.  I have heard \
reports of trying to load DOT on N-series and it won't boot... apparently IBM has \
modified (booby-trapped?) the firmware to refuse to accept generic NetApp DOT.

This is all speculation, so YMMV!  But I'd be interested to know how your science \
project works out ;-)