List:       toasters
Subject:    Re: VMWare/Netapp TR-3428 question
From:       "M. Vaughn Stewart" <mvstew () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-22 1:22:54

If I recall correctly Evan couldn't get SSH to work correctly (in the
time required to publish his script) so he stayed with RSH.

In version 2.2 of TR3428 we included Evan's script.  We are close to
releasing v3.0 (VMworld07 is around the corner, need new material you
know...) and in it we will return to the sample script which was
included in version 2.0 & 2.1 with a link referencing to Evan's and
others more advanced scripts.  Our original goal was to provide a
framework for others to build on.  If anyone is interested in checking
out a similar Perl script and willing to share feedback I'll post it.

We also have a great VMware VDI on NetApp TR being released soon, if
anyone is looking at that solution.  With VDI we can reduce the storage
to ~10% of whats required with any other solution - its wild.

Vaughn