List:       toasters
Subject:    Re: Number of flexvols ?
From:       Blake Golliher <thelastman () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-01-27 19:51:41

The story I know is that total number of aggregates, FlexVols, and
TradVols can't be more then 200 per system.  Before 7.0.1R1 there was
a limit of only 50 FlexVols per system because of the speed of cfo in
taking over that number of volumes, which is bug 149737.  The eventual
promise of FlexVols is to replace qtree's, but NetApp is still in the
process of doing this, and there is still a long time before this is
possible in larger environments.

Sorry, this is getting kinda of off topic.. moving right along.

-Blake