List:       toasters
Subject:    Re: remove .snapshot dir from unwanted top level directory
From:       "Daniel H. Brown" <brown () brauhausdc ! org>
Date:       2003-05-15 18:37:17

> The .snapshot directory is visible at the NFS mount point, but invisible
> in subdirectories.  When doing rm -fr the NFS client will try to remove
> the .snapshot directory if it is visible.

Maybe this is a silly question -- if it is, someone whack me up-side
the head with the google results.

Why isn't there a way to walk and manage the file system(s) from the
filer itself? Or, is there, and I've just missed it?

Like, I'd like to be able to telnet to the filer, login as root
and do:

cd /vol/vol1/
mkdir foo
rm -r bar