List:       toasters
Subject:    Building a working filer from parts [230/330]
From:       John Kiniston <goldarg () lzrd ! net>
Date:       2003-05-14 22:31:03

Howdy!

I know the hardware I'm asking about is a little dated but this is for my
personal use filer that I'm building:

I've got two filer heads, a F230 and a F330, and a StorageShelf2 full of 8
gig disks, My Goal is to make a working filer out of the parts of the F230
and the F330.

The F330 powers up fine and came with two PCI SCSI cards, and what I
belive is a PCI FDDI card.

The F230 does not power on and came with one PCI SCSI card, and a Quad
Fast Ethernet Card.

Can the Quad Fast Ethernet work from the F230 in the F330? When I insert
it and boot the F330 gives me a 'Unsupported Configuration' error with e5a
and scsi.

I ended up swapping the SCSI card from slot 9 in the 230 to slot 9 in the
330 to hook up the shelf of disks so the 330 now has both a Fast Wide and
a Fast Narrow SCSI controller in it.

What is the largest disk supported by the 330? Currently I have 7 8.6 gig
disks.

Does anyone need parts from the 230? Once I get the 330 working I will no
longer need the 230 for parts.