List:       toasters
Subject:    RE: disappearing disks
From:       "Sam Schorr" <sschorr () homestead-inc ! com>
Date:       2002-04-24 17:40:18

Chris,

I've gone back and researched this some more, and you are right on the money - all \
these disappearing disks have been 18 Gb ones.  Contrary to my prior message, all our \
36 Gb disk failures have done so in the expected manner - autosupport sent out and \
the disk marked as failed on the filer.

Since the 18 Gb are EOL, I don't expect much effort being made to fix the firmware.  \
The concern would be that Netapp no longer sells 18 Gb drives, you can only get them \
through support.  I can only hope their supply does not run out before we \
upgrade/swap out the 18's.

--sam