List:       tmda-workers
Subject:    Re: whitelist on Reply-To:
From:       Jim Ramsay <i.am () jimramsay ! com>
Date:       2004-07-14 17:07:36

Tim Rice wrote:

> TMDA 1.0.3/sendmail
>
> I discovered that if I sent an e-mail from an account that was not
> whitelisted but the Reply-To: header was my address that is whitelisted,
> the message gets delivered unchallenged.
>
> Is this the intended behavior?

I didn't think so, but a read of the code shows me that it is.

Basically, it looks like when a message comes in TMDA checks the
following addresses against your incoming filter in this order:
  - The envelope sender
  - The X-Primary-Address: header
  - The From: header
  - The Reply-To: header
As soon as even one of these match, the action specified by the filter
is carried out.

--
Jim Ramsay
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!"