List:       tmda-workers
Subject:    Publishing address splitting policy
From:       "Za'mbori, Zolta'n" <zamboriz () axelero ! hu>
Date:       2003-12-20 12:35:43

Hi!

I think TMDA would be more usable if there where a standard publication
method for domain owners of email address extension separatos symbol(s).

With the help of a TXT record in the zone of a domain, everybody can
decide that prefix-suffix1@domain is the same mailbox as
automaticaly strip the suffix before publishing email addresses.

This litle work may make address harvesting much harder.

For example i send/receive letters to/from the tmda-devel list using an
address like 'me-junk--tmda-devel@domain'. The mailing list manager
software can publish the 'me-junk@domain' address which is a blackhole
for junk. Automated spam senders cant reach my mailbox without any
filtering rule composed by me. If somebody want to send mail to me than
a challange/response mechanism will handle letters on the 'me@domain'
address.

What do you think about that?

z2