List:       tmda-users
Subject:    Re: challange to email not required for 1 week after successful
From:       Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-tmda-users () jm-associates ! com>
Date:       2006-07-27 0:15:49

David Hoffman wrote:

> --- Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-tmda-users@jm-associates.com> wrote:
>

>>I'm not sure how scalable this would be, and I think there is a very
>>small chance that an error could pop up if it tries to append an
>>address
>>while your script is rotating, but it should be basically functional.
>

> Interesting suggestion. But regarding the issues encountered while the
> script is rotating... Perhaps first stopping the MTA, then rotating the
> files, and then restarting the MTA might work. Any delays in receiving
> mail during that very short period would be insignificant, and since
> failed connections would be queued and retried, there would be little
> chance for loss of mail.
>
> The alternative is potential errors causing mail to bounce, or mail
> being lost because TMDA possibly might not have the correct information
> in the filter file, or sending of confirmations back to people who have
> already confirmed because the file that the filter was looking for had
> already been renamed.
>
> David Hoffman

Ah, yes that should do the trick.  Stopping reciept for a few seconds
while rotating should be irrelevant in all but the largest
installations. It's still a hack, but that would make it more reliable.

--
Chris Berry
chris_berry@jm-associates.com

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we
don't believe in it at all." --Noam Chomsky