List:       tmda-users
Subject:    Re: TMDA
From:       Mark Horn <mark () hornclan ! com>
Date:       2005-02-18 20:20:45

On 2005-02-18, Stephen Warren <swarren@wwwdotorg.org> wrote:
> Thomas A. Moulton wrote:
>> So no matter what we do we will still send out UCE to the unsuspecting user
>> who had their email address spoofed and we can't detect when that happens.
>>
>> Until we get an irrate message from them or a spamcop report
>>
>> At that price... maybe SA is enough... what does TMDA buy me?
>
> You can always validate inbound email against SPF.

You can also implement greylisting (1) at your server.  This will
also help prevent joe-jobbing abuse of C/R systems, because most
spammers use bulk mailers that can't deal with temp fail deliveries,
where as real email gets delivered through an MTA that handles
queueing.

(1) http://www.greylisting.org