List:       tmda-users
Subject:    Re: Setting up a TMDA patch repository
From:       "Todd A. Jacobs" <nospam () codegnome ! org>
Date:       2005-02-04 1:11:02

On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 01:49:31PM -0800, Justin wrote:
> Since people have mentioned Subversion and wikis as possible tools for
> future code collaboration, I thought it worth mentioning another Python
> project called Trac:
>
> http://www.edgewall.com/trac/

I've been looking into Trac as well for other projects I'm working on. I
don't know offhand what kind of security history Trac has, but if it
supports good ACL controls for wiki spam and SVN commits, it's probably
as good a tool as any.

The real issue is reliability. Sourceforge (and CVS) are well-known in
the community, and are reasonably reliable. Other version control
systems are useful, but less universal, and that should be considered
when starting any community project.

As for project hosting, I did a quick Google search and didn't turn up
any large providers. Who provides free Trac hosting for open-source
projects?

--
Find my Techno-Geek Journal at http://www.codegnome.org/geeklog/