List:       tmda-users
Subject:    TMDA + Qmail Relay - .qmail-default
From:       David Jacobson <davidj () synaq ! com>
Date:       2004-12-07 14:21:10

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi All,

I am using TMDA with Qmail to relay to a remote server, following FAQ
entry 3.8.  I have setup everything perfectly (almost) with one problem
that we need to sort out...

I have multiple domains assigned to a username in
the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file eg:

domain1.com:username
domain2.com:username

.qmail file contains:

|preline -f /usr/bin/tmda-filter
|forward "$DEFAULT"@subdomain.domain.com

This works fine, it then sends it to the correct server.  The problem is
that the server we are sending it to has lots of rules that it does
based on the Envelope sender address.  Now obviously the Envelope sender
address changes to username@subdomain.domain.com as opposed to the real
envelope sender address and therefore the rules are not working...

So, my question is can we somehow keep the relaying going with keeping
the envelope sender address intact?  I've tried playing with some of the
variables based in the qmail man pages such as $RECIPIENT etc... which
seem to work (keep the correct envelop address) but cause mail loops.

I would love to know if the above is possible, Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,

David Jacobson
Technical Director
SYNAQ (Pty) Ltd

Tel:    011 290 6388
Fax:    011 290 6389
Cell:   083 235 0760
Mail:   davidj@synaq.com
Web:    http://www.synaq.com

Key Fingerprint
8246 FCE1 3C22 7EFB E61B  18DF 6E8B 65E8 BD50 78A1