List:       tmda-users
Subject:    Exim + Spamassassin + TMDA
From:       niles () atheos ! net
Date:       2004-09-26 14:08:28

> Message: 4
> Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 17:57:40 +0200
> From: "Alex Neumann" <uni.alex.neumann@web.de>
> Subject: Exim + Spamassassin + TMDA
> To: tmda-users@tmda.net
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use Exim + Spamassassin + TMDA to fight spam.
> (I know about the discussion about TMDA, but I need it for some
> reasons).
>
> The procedure should be:
>
> Mails which are not tagged by Spamassassin are delivered directly.
> Mails which are tagged by Spamassassin as possible spam should be
> handed
> over to TMDA and first be frozen. After confirmation due to
> challenge/response the message is unfrozen and finally delivered.
>
> Whether a message should be tagged as spam can be defined within the
> spamassassin configuration itself - as usual.
>
> I think I would freeze only mails tagged as spam between some score x
> and y
> and move to the trash mails with spam score higher than y directly.
>
> Can anyone explain how to do this maybe ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Regards.
>
> P.S.: I am using Exim with virtual domains support, but I am not sure
> if
> this makes a difference at all.
>
> P.P.S.: Exim and spamassassin (and clamav etc.) is already working.

> Mit WEB.DE FreePhone® mit höchster Qualität ab 0 Ct./Min.
> weltweit telefonieren! http://freephone.web.de/?mc=021201

This should be fairly simple to do.  Below I have copied over my
spamassassin
router statement and tmda transport statement from exim.conf,  which
should be similar to yours.
Simply changing the transport from spamassassin to tmda in the
spamassassin
router statement should cause exim to behave in the manor your
requesting.
The setup you describe seems like a great idea, and I may adapt it
myself once
I have spamassassin working more accurately.

Niles

spamassassin:
   no_verify
   # When to scan a message :
   #   -   it isn't already flagged as spam
   #   -   it isn't already scanned
   #   -   it's returned by amavis on port 10025
   condition = "${if or {{eq {$received_protocol}{spamassassin-scanned}}
\
                     {eq {$interface_port}{10025}} \
                     {!eq {${lookup mysql{ SELECT router \
                            FROM router \
                            WHERE
id='${quote_mysql:${local_part}@${domain}}' \
                            && router='spamassassin'
}}}{spamassassin}}}{0}{1}}"
   driver = accept
   transport = spamassassin    <change to tmda_pipe>

tmda_pipe:
   driver = pipe
   command = /usr/local/tmda-1.0.3/bin/tmda-filter -S
/usr/exim/exim_vdir.php
   return_path_add
   return_fail_output
   delivery_date_add
   envelope_to_add
   user = 8
   group = 12

    environment = EXTENSION=${substr_1:${local_part_suffix}}:\
                  EXT=$local_part_suffix:\
                  HOST=$domain:\
                  CONFIRM=$local_part:\
                  RECIPIENT=$local_part$local_part_suffix@$domain