List:       tmda-users
Subject:    Re: Failure to deliver
From:       Stephen Warren <swarren () wwwdotorg ! org>
Date:       2004-09-01 14:44:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hoo Yee Huei wrote:
> I have been getting many instances of the following messages in the
> debug log.  I think it is something to do with addresses with the square
> bracket as part of their email address.
>
> Is there any way to resolve this short of blacklisting each email
> address that shows up.

It looks like the [ isn't matched by a ] - that's probably what throws
off qmail-inject (since I think xxx@[ip] is a legal email address format)

I assume the message is spam, with a forged from, that's been badly
forged and is hence invalid?

You could try the smtp-check-sender script in the contrib directory in
your incoming filter. That should detect the illegal from (envelope from
actually) address and then you can just hold/drop the mail, so challenge
initiation will never occur...

--
Stephen Warren, Software Engineer, NVIDIA, Fort Collins, CO
swarren@wwwdotorg.org     http://www.wwwdotorg.org/pgp.html