List:       tmda-users
Subject:    Re: SpamAssassin HOWTO anyone?
From:       Brian <brian-keyword-tmda.82cd55 () pongonova ! net>
Date:       2004-02-25 1:50:01

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 04:25:45PM -0800, JLM wrote:
> We'll call step #2 above the "Challenge Check." We're trying to figure out
> which process should be handling the Challenge Check logic outlined above.
> The XAMS configuration currently looks like this:

I let TMDA handle it:

~/.tmda/filters/incoming:

# Whitelist/blacklist rules
headers "^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*" drop
headers "^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*" deliver=~/MailFolders/spam/
EOF

Basically, I drop everything above a second threshold, save potential
spam for further review, and confirm anything below the threshold.

I chose to use TMDA's whitelist/blacklist capabilities rather than
SA's somewhat convoluted and inflexible whitelists/blacklists.  On the
front end, I use spamd, queueing all incoming mail using spamc to
assign a spam score.  I continually adjust my thresholds, and found it
easier to do it in my incoming file than via SA's config files.

  --Brian