List:       tmda-users
Subject:    Re: tmda: exim+procmail MissingEnvironmentVariable('SENDER')
From:       J C Lawrence <claw () kanga ! nu>
Date:       2003-06-30 4:17:01

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 12:13:11 +0100
Jeff Penn <Jeff> wrote:

> Thanks for the responses.  I tried this but without a great deal of
> success.  Some of the mail is passed to one of my inboxes by procmail,
> but most of it is left in /var/mail/jeff.

Exim3 or Exim4?  I have TMDA running under procmail under both as part
of fronting Mailman with TMDA.

My setup for Exim4 (much sweeter than Exim3) is:

  Routers:

    procmail:
      debug_print = "R: procmail for $local_part@$domain"
      driver = accept
      check_local_user
      transport = procmail_pipe
      require_files = ${local_part}:${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/bin/procmail
      no_verify
      no_expn
      local_part_suffix_optional
      local_part_suffix = +*

  Transports:

    address_pipe:
      debug_print = "T: address_pipe for $local_part@$domain"
      driver = pipe
      path = /usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin
      return_fail_output
      freeze_exec_fail = true
      envelope_to_add = true
      return_path_add = true
      delivery_date_add = true
      headers_add = "X-Delivery: ${local_part}${local_part_suffix}"
      environment = EXTENSION=${substr_1:$local_part_suffix}:\
                    RECIPIENT=$local_part$local_part_suffix@$domain

Procmail then invokes tmda-filter in the normal fashion.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?