List:       tkined
Subject:    Re: Beginners Guide Needed
From:       Magnus Svavarsson <magnus () hum ! auc ! dk>
Date:       1996-05-03 22:14:58

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Dave DeChellis wrote:

> I'm not sure where the tools to which you refer to above are located.  They aren't
> in my tkined.  There is no tool menu in my program at all.  Are you refering to
> scotty? I didn't know that there was a GUI for that.  All the demos that come witk
> tkined doesn't really show any network management, just schematics.  Thanks for
> any help.

You are probably missing a link between tkined and scotty. In
TKINED_HOME/lib/tkined there should be a directory from scotty, or a link
to it at least.  The directory from scotty is SCOTTY_HOME/lib/tkined/apps.

I did install tkined and scotty separately as two packages, and you can
see what I mean here:

magnus@ipx:/pack/tkined/lib/tkined> ls -l
total 28
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         28 Mar 19 19:21 apps -> /pack/scotty/lib/tkined/apps
drwxrwxr-x   2 root     magnus      3072 Mar 22 10:52 bitmaps
-rw-rw-r--   1 root     magnus      3080 Mar 16 17:56 init.tcl
drwxrwxr-x   2 root     magnus       512 Mar 17 01:04 site
-rw-rw-r--   1 root     magnus      4529 Mar 22 10:55 tkined.defaults

TKINED_HOME = /pack/tkined
SCOTTY_HOME = /pack/scotty

Now you can restart tkined, and find the Tools menu mentioned.
I hope this helps :-)

> ..Dave

Magnus Svavarsson
Network Administrator