List:       tkined
Subject:    [tkined] Scotty and SuSE 8.0
From:       rfertig () telebel ! net
Date:       2002-08-30 13:48:43

Hello everybody.

Since my old installation of SuSE 7.1 and scotty crashed yesterday, I
installed SuSE 8.0 and scotty2.1.11 as it comes with the distribution. But
there are several problems: IP-Monitor (roundtrip, systemload) seems to
crash (it disapears from the menue) after some minutes, IP-Discovery didn't
work (as Angela Gavazzi already mentioned). I uninstalled SuSE's rpm,
fetched the source (2.1.11) from ftp and compiled and installed it. But the
trouble keeps the same. :-(
So I fetched the CVS-snapshot (2002-08-29), compiled and installed it but
when I start tkined1.5.0 I got the message, that the package Tkined 1.5.0
could not found.

Is there anyone, who got tkined running on SuSE 8.0?
And can this lucky guy please tell me how to achieve this? My gratefulness
will be endless ;-)

Thanks in advanced,

  Rene