List:       tkined
Subject:    [tkined] ip_discover
From:       "Gavazzi, Angela" <edv () goetheanum ! ch>
Date:       2002-08-27 14:09:09

Hi, everybody!

I'm working on Suse8.0 and w2k. I installed tkined - the last version I
could find: 2.1.11 and the beta for w2k.

My first problem is ip_discovery. :-) I'm afraid there will be more later
:-)

I tried many times under Linux and it didn't work: It finds x nodes in x
sec. and nothing more happens.
The win version works but it freezes me permanently the mouse, so i think
I'll have to deinstall it and continue try under Linux.
Cause I was not sure if the Suse version was ok, I deinstalled it, and
installed the new one. To be sure that I'm using the right one and not some
"rests" I changed the exec-prefix and installed to /usr/local/tkined After
installation nothing happened when trying ip discover.
Then I started in debug mode and found out that ntping was not found. After
linking it to my install/bin it works again. I get no errors in debug modus,
it finds again x nodes in x sec. and stops. As ipdiscover is not available
while working, it looks to me as it finishes working, No crash, no errors,
... no map ...
I think it would not help much to use the w2k created map if the tool does
not work - there are only a part of the nodes and the rest has to be
discovered later.  - and I'm not sure the file is ok. After starting it,
also the Linux Mouse freezed every moment.
I'm trying to find out if it is something else, so don't matter about that.
I only prefere not to use this map.

Could anybody help me to make tkined work?

tia, angela