List:       tini
Subject:    Re: [TINI] Real Time applications
From:       Bryan Armstrong <bryan.armstrong () dalsemi ! com>
Date:       2000-09-28 14:25:17

Michael Briggs wrote:

> You could add fifo chip tween pic/hardware sampler to smooth things out,
> or Dallas' 360 micro which is a more simple 8051 clone than the Tini 's 390 micro -
> easing the native lang problem.
> Native interrupts could (I've no proof) be fraught by having the JVM switch the
> stack out from under you after a higher priority VM interrupt & thread switch (guess
> who got caught by that on an other system?),
> Mike.

[snip]

Native interrupt code reigns supreme in TINI.  On the '390 we have
two interrupt levels.  Both preempt any normal code flow, including
Java.  In an interrupt, you can only be preempted if you are the
lower priority level, otherwise you have full control.

-Bryan

--
Bryan Armstrong
bryan.armstrong@dalsemi.com

TINI will not be a viable solution until it can
perform cold fusion at room temperature. +-10%